The Almeida is a London theatre company with a national and international reputation for producing work of the highest standard – achieving recognition through consistent critical acclaim, increasing national reach, international profile, full houses and breadth of audiences.
Based in Islington the Almeida Theatre began life as a literary and scientific society – complete with library, lecture theatre and laboratory. We are known for creating brave, ambitious, compelling theatre.
The company is led by Artistic Director Rupert Goold and Executive Director Denise Wood and under Rupert’s artistic leadership the heart of the Almeida’s vision is to make bold work which challenges and questions theatre, and the world we live in; bringing together the most exciting artists to interrogate, provoke, inspire and entertain audiences through new writing and reinvigorated classics.
In addition to the main repertoire, there is an events programme including live and digital content, a full range of activities for young people, and productions regularly transfer to the West End and beyond.
The Almeida is supported by Arts Council England and raises further income through ticket sales and the support of generous individual givers and corporate sponsors.
We are looking for an exceptional and creative individual to join the team as Artistic Associate. They will work within the Artistic team to shape and expand the programme, support the development of Participation projects, and help curate, enhance and deliver a major festival in 18/19.
This will be a minimum 18 month to maximum two year fixed contract during a period of expansion in the Almeida’s work.
Remuneration and hours
- Salary dependent on experience
- Minimum 18 month to two year fixed contract
- Initially not necessarily a full-time role and could operate on flexible hours
- Available to contribute, as required, to emergency situations out of hours as may arise from time to time
- Holiday: 20 days a year
- Pension: 3% contribution, if matched by the employee, after 6 months’ service
- Other benefits: season ticket loan, theatre tickets
- Location: This position is based at the offices at 108 Upper Street, and the theatre.
- Probation: minimum three months
How to apply
To find out more, please download the job description from the Almeida website – https://almeida.co.uk/working-at-the-almeida
To apply for this role please follow the instructions in the job description and send your email to email@example.com