Creative Islington is closing0
It is with great regret that we are announcing the closure of Creative Islington. As many of you know, we lost our core funding from the Council last year and whilst we have been successful in securing several grants for projects over the past 12 months, this has taken us away from the core objectives of the organisation. We have discussed and tried many ways to keep going, including looking at what our services and objectives are, as well as all the options for raising further funds, but unfortunately Creative Islington isn’t sustainable in its current format .
We are working hard with our partners to make sure that we can signpost you to other organisations and agencies who can support you and replace some of the services that we provided. Please find this information below.
In the meantime we’d like to thank all our members, partners and collaborators for making the past 10 years so successful! We wish you all well for the future
Artists, freelance producers and local arts organisations are invited to register with Islington Council Arts Development Team. Although they do not distribute a regular newsletter the team can provide advice and guidance on potential partnerships, funding and project development. Emailarts@islington.gov.uk with your contact details and area of work
Islington based individuals, cultural organisations, teachers actively engaged in the delivery of cultural education and all those currently registered on the education portal are invited to join the Islington Cultural Education Partnership (ICEP) Email firstname.lastname@example.org to receive ICEP Terms of Reference and the dates of upcoming Delivery Group meetings.
Voluntary Action Islington (VAI)
VAI works with Islington’s voluntary sector organisations. It:
- provides information, training and support to volunteers, staff and trustees of voluntary and community groups in Islington
- is the accredited Volunteer Centre for Islington
- influences the development of the voluntary sector in the borough
- supports Islington Community Network, which brings together local networks benefitting the community including, until recently, Creative Islington
A New Direction
A New Direction (AND) works with London schools and arts organisations with a creative learning offer.
AND’s newsletter – sign up for the newsletter at this link. There’s a choice to tell them whether you represent a school or cultural organisation that will guide the content you will then receive.
Education portal members may want to join/use ANDtogether:
Organisations can also connect opportunities on social media using #ANDtogetherLDN
For events and other opportunities we offer at AND please see: https://www.anewdirection.org.uk/what-we-do
Impact Hub Islington is a not-for-profit community of entrepreneurs, creatives, doers and dreamers. They offer the following services:
- Events and Programmes (free): Regular skills events available to all. Varied programmes of support.
- Collaborative Workspace membership (£70-£330/month): Flexible membership to our beautiful co-working space tailored for small individuals/businesses in the creative, innovation and business for good sectors.
- Community membership (£12/month): for a range of support, inc:
- Connection to a community of inspiring creative and innovative entrepreneurs
- Weekly member community events
- Member database
- Bi-weekly newsletter
- Discounts (up to 55%) on space hire, events and products
- 2-3 yearly gatherings
- Optional registered post box and mail forwarding (additional)
- Space for Hire (from £20/hour): boardroom, training room, and events space for hire.
- Community Partnership scheme (free, subject to criteria): Support with space and marketing for events with an aligned mission. Enquire here.
- Exchange Programme (free, by application): exchange your skills for a co-working membership. Enquire here.
- Scholarship Scheme (free, by application): funded package of co-working space and support for community-led projects/organisations, coming soon. Register your interest.